When planning a new playground or refreshing an existing playground, it is good to consider the following aspects:
- Age category: How old are the children who will primarily use the playground?
- Available area: How large is the area of the proposed area? There should be space for both playground equipment and fall protection area.
- Capacity requirements: How many children will use the playground?
- Product mix: What requirements or wishes are there for what kind of playground equipment should be available?
- Case information: Are there preferences and what does the surface look like in the daytime situation?
- Budget: How much will the project cost?
- Time frame: When does the playground need to be installed?